Sunday 9 March 2008

David Attenborough







Went to a book signing with David Attenborough a few days ago at the Natural History Museum. My favourite person in my favourite place- brilliant experience. There were about 500 people there and the rest turned away at the door. This event was part of a tour so it was interesting reminder to the obvious popularity of natural history to the general population. I was surprised to see a lot of students there aswell so good to see a lot of young people interested in wildlife- got to be a good thing.

Lighting conditions were awful inside the main hall but managed a few shots including one of Lee shaking the 'hand of God'. David Attenborough has a lot to answer for- if it wasn't for his wildlife documentary programmes I don't think I, or any of my birding/wildlife friends would have blissfully squandered their lives pursing encounters with nature at the expense of ......???? I can't actually think of any cost.

No comments: