Sunday 8 March 2009

MAGIC

Met a group of Radio Magic people the other night. Lovely bunch. How bizarre- working in an institution which raison d'etre is to play love songs all night and day.

Love- mmmm- don't get me started.

We were talking about internet dating- what is all that about- everyone's at it. I had a go a couple of years ago for a few weeks. I put on my profile that I was single, had no real desire to share anything with a woman (or anyone in fact) but if someone was looking for cheap and meaningless frills than I was the man. Surpisingly I had little success. I later discovered that easy women were either undesirable to sleep with or very expensive to sleep with (they should be paying me!) so I gave up. I also discovered that indeed I could take advantage of some women who would have happily traded loveless intimacy in the hope that it may lead to loving intimacy but in order to achieve that it would require me to be dishonest in my intentions towards such a naive and delicate creature.

There are dating sites to accommadate what I was looking for but it involves having to put photos of your gentalia on the internet and call yourself something like 'King of Dicktopia' so I gave that a miss too.

Oh sweet love.

Hence why I am now known as the "Birding Monk".

1 comment: